We Are Hiring!!
CLOSING DATE: 31ST MARCH
Tori – the owner and illustrator behind Harbour Lane is having a baby so we are looking for someone who can help, current studio assistant Jenni, run the place for 6 months whilst she recovers.
Temporary Job to cover Mat Leave - Approx 24 hours a week (3 days 10am - 5pm), Studio Assistant and Sales Advisor role in busy independent Studio shop in South Queensferry, Edinburgh.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Part time role of 24 hours a week subject to candidate having the right to work in the uk. (There is some flexibility regarding which days are worked but Saturday cover is split evenly amongst the team) Shop opening hours Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm
- Temporary Role to cover maternity leave - April – October (potential to continue after this date)
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Start date TBC due to COVID restrictions but ideally mid – late April.
Who We Are:
Harbour Lane Studio is a studio shop based in South Queensferry, on the outskirts of Edinburgh. The studio opened at the end of 2016 and has grown and gained popularity since then. Stocking work from a huge range of artists based all over the UK. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small team in a growing independent business and gain experience of what it takes to run a bricks and mortar shop.
What You'd Do:
- General Sales Advisor role serving customers and answering the phone.
- Cash handling including cashing up and balancing till float.
- Online shop stock management – including uploading new products, sourcing product photos, writing product descriptions and managing stock levels.
- Maintaining stock levels in bricks and mortar shop
- General cleaning and handling recycling
- Unpacking deliveries and pricing new stock
What We Want:
Experience of using Shopify is highly desirable but not essential – it is far more important that the successful candidate can work independently and wants to be involved in the back of house running of the business. Harbour Lane needs someone who is confident and outgoing when speaking to customers but can multitask and prioritise effectively. You will be working alone for the majority of the role and need to be self motivated and hard working as you will be handling various aspects of the business during the day. Due to the open plan nature of the studio, the opportunity to work on your own creative practise within the space is possible and encouraged as you will be promoting Harbour Lane as a creative space. Therefore, this role would be best suited to a maker/artist who already runs their own business.
If you have any questions about the role or the application please email: email@example.com
To apply please send your CV and a covering email explaining why you would like to work at Harbour Lane Studio to the above address. Initial interviews will be held via zoom with socially distanced interviews taking place for final candidates.